The $1000.00 Secret



The top salesman for a large corporation got up to speak; he had been top salesman with the company for several years. He had won many awards over his career and was about to retire.

He said, “Tonight I am going to reveal the secret of my success. I wrote it down on a piece of paper and I put it in this envelope. But success must be earned so I can’t just give it away. I'm going to sell the envelope to the highest bidder. You have my word that it contains my true secret to success not only as a salesman, but also in life.”

The bidding started at $5.

Then it quickly jumped to $10.

Then $50, $100, $200.

Finally one of the salesmen bought the envelope for $1000. The excited buyer took the envelope and kept it to himself until he got home that night.

What was written on the piece of paper?

How was he able to make more sales than anybody else for so many years?

What was this high priced secret?

That night at home the auction winner locked himself in his room and opened the envelope, unfolded the piece of paper and read the following seven words:

"The Secret To Success is To ASK."

Comments

Popular posts from this blog

Prepping Tips & Hacks - Be Prepared

7 Tips To Improve Your Odds On Scratch-Off Lottery Tickets

How Much Is My Baseball Card Worth?